Acne is the commonest skin disease, seen in adolescents as well as in adults. Blockage in the ducts of the sebaceous glands situated in the skin is the main cause of acne.
Risk factors for acne:
No single factor can be blamed for causing acne. Acne occurs due to the simultaneous influence of several factors on the skin. Some of the factors that can cause or increase acne are given below.
- Hormonal changes occurring in the body during puberty can lead to the formation of acne in adolescents.
- The role of heredity in the development of acne is still not proved. But, it has been observed that people who suffer from severe acne eruptions have a family history of the same.
- Excessive accumulation of sweat on the skin, e.g. as happens after exercising, may clog the pores of the skin, causing acne. Hence, physicians recommend that people wash their faces regularly, especially after exercise, to prevent acne. At the same time, it is important to remember that excessive washing and hard scrubbing of the face can also cause acne.
- Pressure on the skin due to wearing of helmets, suspenders, collars or chin straps can also cause acne.
- Use of some drugs such as antidepressants, lithium and anticonvulsants are known to increase the risk of acne eruptions. It should be noted that some medicines like oral contraceptive pills can actually help in reducing acne.
- Bacterial infections of the skin can aggravate acne. Propionibacterium Acnes is the most common bacterium responsible for acne eruptions.
Tips for managing acne:
- Reducing one’s intake of carbohydrates, fried food and chocolates
- Lifestyle modifications for reducing mental stress
- Increasing intake of water
- Avoiding picking or squeezing pimples
- Regular cleansing of the skin to open the pores
- Avoiding excessive use of cosmetic products
Management of acne:
Renova Retin A cream is a highly recommended topical agent for the management of acne. Use of this cream is also beneficial for reducing wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. Renova Retin A can also be used for treating stretch marks. Renova Retin A is a Retinoid drug. It helps in reducing acne by causing extrusion of the clogged material from the sebaceous glands.
How to use?
People should apply Renova Retin A on the skin in a thin layer. In the initial period, it should be used once in 2 to 3 days. Once the skin develops tolerance to this medication, patients can start applying it once every day, preferably at night. They should contact a dermatologist to learn the exact way of using this topical agent.
Side effects of Renova Retin A:
Renova Retin A is known to cause irritation of the skin, increased photosensitivity of the skin and redness of the skin.
Nobody likes to have ugly acne eruptions on the face. These eruptions can affect the look of a person. People suffering from this condition can use Renova Retin A so that they can get a youthful and glowing skin free from acne eruptions.