Allergies – Causes and Symptoms
Allergies can be defined as disorders of the immune system that spark off an excess reaction or overreaction towards substances termed as allergens. Allergies are categorized according to the time, location of symptoms observed on the body and the type of triggers. The various types of allergies are eye allergies, skin allergies, insect allergies, latex allergies, food allergies and indoor and outdoor allergies.
Substances that trigger allergies are known as allergens. Antigens or protein particles such as dander, food or pollen can easily enter our body in numerous ways. Following are the ways in which allergens can enter the human body.
- One of the most common ways for the entry of allergens is through the skin. In case our skin comes in direct contact with the allergens, it may lead to an allergic reaction. Examples include direct contact with plants such as oak, sumac and poison ivy.
- Medications administered by a needle or taken orally also lead to allergic reactions in people sensitive to the same.
- Various insect bites and stings cause allergies in most people.
- Airborne pollens of certain weeds and grasses, trees, house dust that includes mold spores and dust mite particles, dog and cat dander and latex may be the direct inhalation allergens that get into the lungs and the nose.
- Sensitivity to certain foods causes allergic reaction in some people. This is one of the year-round allergy types.
Symptoms of Various Allergies
The severity and type of allergic symptoms depend upon the kind of allergy. These may be experienced as trouble breathing, throat tightness, nasal congestion, sneezing and itchy nose or eyes. Different types of symptoms may be observed, like the ones due to year-round problems (food or dust mites) and seasonal problems (certain molds or pollen).
The degree of food allergy symptoms largely depends upon sensitivity of the person to certain foods and the quantity of the foods consumed. These include eczematous rash, hives or itchy/runny nose.
Air borne allergy symptoms include coughing, nasal congestion, itchy/runny nose and sneezing.
Insect bite allergy symptoms include swelling of the throat, nausea or hives.
The Best Medication to Treat Allergies
Phenergan is widely prescribed for the treatment of allergy symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, itchy eyes, hives or itchy skin rashes. People suffering from these symptoms should buy phenergan tablets for quick relief. Phenergan tablets contain an active ingredient promethazine, which is called as a sedating antihistamine. Promethazine works by blocking the histamine receptors located in the vomiting center. Our body produces histamine as part of its defense mechanism. This causes allergic reaction symptoms. Phenergan inhibits histamine bondage with its receptors, thereby treating allergy signs.
You should note that it’s essential to consult a doctor before you order Phenergan tablets. Based on your medical condition and the severity of symptoms, the doctor will prescribe a dose for you. Whilst using Phenergan for the treatment of allergies, you should reveal to your health-care-provider if you are taking any other medications, since there is a possibility of drug interaction. While on a treatment with Phenergan, the doctor will recommend you certain guidelines / precautions for the safe usage of this drug. You should follow these closely. It’s advised that you purchase Phenergan in sufficient quantity so that the drug lasts for the entire treatment.